Central Florida Section is made up of 7 USPSA clubs across the middle of the state. These clubs work closely together to bring a coordinated effort of USPSA matches and slots to the nationals.
Below is a list of clubs.
GULF COAST LEAD SLINGERS – CFL05
Hosted at Wyoming Antelope Club
We have a very active club with matches every Friday night and 4th Sunday of the month. We also host a few level 2 matches per year.
Friday Nights Setup at 5:30p / Walk thru at 6:30p
4th Sunday Setup at 8:00am / Walk thru at 10:00a
WAC PRACTICAL SHOOTERS – CFL09
Hosted at Wyoming Antelope Club
We have a very active club with matches every Tuesday night and 5th Saturday of the month. We also host a few level 2 matches per year.
Tuesday Nights Setup at 5:30p / Walk thru at 6:30p
5th Saturday Setup at 8:00am / Walk thru at 10:00a
POLK COUNTY PRACTICAL SHOOTERS – CFL03
Hosted at Universal Shooting Academy
One of the largest ranges in the South and host to countless large matches. Home of the Florida Open, IPSC Nationals, and the 2014 IPSC World Shoot
Pistol matches on the 2nd Sunday of each month 9:00am
Steel Challenge matches
Be sure to check the calendar for cancellations due to large matches and special events
ROADS END PRACTICAL SHOOTERS – CFL06
USPSA Pistol Match on 3rd Saturday of each month; 10:00am
“Be sure to check the calendar for cancellations due to large matches and special events”
Contact Marc Weir
TAMPA BAY SUNCOAST PISTOL CLUB – CFL04
Hosted at Guncraft Range
2403 21st Ave., SE
Ruskin, Florida 33605
USPSA Pistol Match every 1st Sunday at 10:00am
USPSA MultiGun every 3rd Sunday at 10:00am
HERNANDO SPORTSMAN CLUB P.S. – CFL10
Hosted at Hernando Sportsman Club
3 miles north of Weeki Wachee FL
Host of Pistol, Rifle & MultiGun Matches
USPSA Pistol Matches on 2nd Sunday of the Month 9:00am
WILLISTON PRACTICAL SHOOTERS CLUB – CFL07
Hosted at Williston Shooter’s Club
The Williston Shooter’s Club is a private club with match events open to the public. Williston Practical Shooters is the USPSA club within Williston Shooter’s Club. The range is located south of Williston just off Hwy. 41 near the Williston Horseman’s Park, and it is 100 yards with two covered shooting areas for rifle and pistol shooting. It was formerly a WWII bunker used to test fire aircraft guns. The range is owned by the City of Williston and has been leased to WSC. The range is maintained by WSC for the use of its members, guests, JROTC, 4-H and the Williston Police Department. From Williston go South on Hwy 41 (about 2.5 miles), turn right on 19th Ave., then left on SW 8th Terrace. Even though our range consists of only one bay, we typically have 5 stages at our monthly USPSA match. Monthly matches are held on the third Sunday. Setup begins around 7:45 and matches begin around 9:00am. We typically divide up into two squads where the non-shooting squad ro’s and pastes for the shooting squad and vice versa. Please note everyone present must sign in.. Current match fees are $5.00 per shooter. We have a classifier stage once every other month.
GAINESVILLE PRACTICAL SHOOTERS – CFL11
Hosted by Gainesville Target Range
Steven W Bottcher
Gainesville, FL 32653
Phone: (352) 376-8806
POWER LINE PRACTICAL SHOOTERS – CFL12
Not active at this time
2016 CF Section Nationals Slot Series Distribution Policy
There will be 9 total slot series matches, one from each club plus the Monster Match at Universal Shooting Academy.
- A competitor must shoot a minimum of 4 matches in the same division to be eligible.
- Score from the Monster match will count double points
- Monster match counts as one slot series match
- A shooter’s score will be his/her match percentage as scored by division in each slot series match.
- The best 4 match scores will be totaled for the shooter’s total score.
- All class winners who meet all eligibility requirements will have the first opportunity (first round) for a Section slot to the National Championship.
- Should there be more shooters who want a slot than slots available; a random drawing will take place with the SEC (hat).
- Should there be slots available after the first round, the second round will consist of the second place in class shooters. Then third round if necessary with third in class shooters.
- Should there still be slots available they shall be distributed at the discretion of the SEC.
- A shooter’s class shall be determined as of the USPSA November classification update.
Upcoming Slot Series Matches
July 5th 2015 -Gainesville Target Range
July 12th 2015 -Polk County Practical
Aug 9 2015 – Hernando County
Aug 15 2015 – Roads End PS – Frostproof FL
Aug 29 2015 – WAC Practical Shooters
Sept 9 2015 – Williston
Sept 6 2015 – Ruskin
Oct 31 2015 – Monster Match – Frostproof
Following this series, you will need to participate in the FL State Championship in January for the 2017 slot series
Central Florida Section Bylaws